At 10:35 PM 1/12/04 -0600, Brian McGroarty wrote:
What's the proper way to suggest a new filter to the SA developers?

I'm getting a TON of mail with a bunch of random uncommon-but-real
words to thwart Bayesian filtering, combined with a single picture
link. Spamassassin is giving these only about one point apiece.

The picture link never seems to come from the same domain as the
mail. It seems like HTML mail with images not from the sender's domain
would be a very useful test for these.

My gut feeling is that would not be a very good rule. Most HTML newsletters use off-domain hosting for their images, so I think the S/O on this rule is going to be near 0.50.. however, that would remain to be seen in reality.

In any event, developer suggestions are covered in the FAQ:
http://wiki.spamassassin.org/w/ContributingNewRules

Admittedly more targeted to someone who has already written a rule, it's still got the information you need.