*snip*
> savvy users. Mary Youngblood, abuse team manager at
> EarthLink, suggests
> putting numbers in the middle of your e-mail address to make it more
> difficult to guess and using a separate address for online
> shopping and
> newsgroup postings.  [AP, Jan 11 2004; NewsScan Daily, 12 Jan 2004]
>    http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040111/D800O3P00.html

*sigh* I think users need _better_ education then that!

"Some critics of the law point to technology as the solution, though
techniques developed so far have failed."

This REALLY pisses me off!!!!  Spamassassin + DNSRBLs + some custom rules =
just about ZERO spam for my users!!! When the hell will the media start
saying that!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!  *deep breath*

"We don't have the solution yet. We have the big Band-Aids," said Spira.

We have a LOT of better ideas that more ISPs need to implement. Stopping
open by default email ports from home users would be a pretty big step!

"Researchers at Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) and elsewhere are studying whether to
require small payments to send e-mail, costs that would be prohibitive for
spammers who send millions of messages."

*cleans mess from head exploding* I don't think MSFT has our best interest
in mind there. Do you?

Spam is dynamic. So should be antispam. Opensource reacts faster. One mans
spam is another mans ham. But sometimes a Spam is a Spam for all. SA does a
DAMN fine job of it, and I think we are winning the fight. Despite the media
not wanting to inform people of that.

Its been a long morning allready. /rant

--Chris