On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Chris Santerre wrote:
> > but you'd still have to call the eval multiple times in order to give
> > different scores based on true/false return values from your eval...
> > i can write this eval for you in just a few minutes if that guy doesnt
> > want to make it available.
> > dallas
> Agreed! That was his biggest complaint. One of the things we learned was it
> depends on the size of the email. We had to look at how many times a phrase
> hit and was the email big(or small) enough to justify it might indicate
> spam.

If there is still room for 'requests' in this process, I'd still like to
ask for a bit more 'manual' control: Ie. some 'count' tests could be
absolute while others would be nice to proportion to the size of the
e-mail. How many people will b*r*e*a*k u*p more than four or five words,
regardless of the size of the mail.

Now that I think about it, using a size parameter will just be an excuse
to have spammers pad out their mail to make them bigger. (sigh)

Hope these comments help.....

- Charles