At 01:44 PM 1/14/2004, Gary Funck wrote:
I'd asked this before (with no answer on the 'dev' list),

Not surprising.. unless it's part of active development work ie: discussion of methods to fix a bug, coding, test results, etc, a post of a general question to sadev will generally be ignored as offtopic.

sa-dev isn't intended to be a "direct this to the attention of the developers".. it's intended for the developers and other contributors to use for the discussion of the current development work.

but what are SA's
policies for scanning attachments? Why would it try to scan a file
attachment
anyway?

I don't think at this time SA makes any distinction between types of attachments.. SA makes a distinction between headers and body, but an attachment, technically speaking, is still a part of the body of the message.

However, backhair is a rawbody rule.. this may also be a contributing factor. (ie: if you ask for the 'rawbody' you get the WHOLE body, including attachments).

I thought it was only supposed to scan text/html attachments?

I've never heard anyone claim such.