On 15 Jan 2004, Rocky Olsen wrote:

> I too would greatly appreciate any information - as we have 9 boxes
> doing Spam scanning. Anyone tried this?
>

> On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 13:31, Mike Jackson wrote:
> > If you have multiple SA filtering boxes, is it safe to NFS-mount a partition
> > with a system-wide Bayesian database and share it across all the boxes? In
> > our setup, we have three boxes dedicated to doing SA filtering, all running
> > the same version of FreeBSD, and it sure would be nice to be able to do this
> > because the SQL-based Bayesian filtering doesn't quite look ready for prime
> > time.
> >
> > Mike Jackson
> > Technical Manager, efn.org
> > www.efn.org

I posted a note about this precise question a few months ago,
please check the archives.

Short answer, do-able if you honor the Berkeley-DB requriements for
access over NFS (see the sleepycat site for exact details), that you
have all the clients only reading the DB, use journaling, and do the
updates on the machine that actually has the DB stored on it.

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>