At 06:49 PM 1/15/2004, Alice Pawlowich wrote:
Can someone please help me to remove, unsubscribe or disable the spam assassin? I am a new computer owner and really didn't know what I was getting into. But do know that I opened an attachment that contained a virus. I open a lot off these spam warnings because some of them contain information about on line orders which I have made or replies for which I have asked. So these warnings are no real help to me.

I have searched everywhere for a way to get rid of it, but have found nothing. Maybe you can help, I would really appreciate it.

First, I'd like to reassure you that Spamassassin isn't on your computer. It's not exactly trivial to get spamassassin to run on a windows machine, so it would be very unlikely you installed it by accident.

SpamAssassin usually runs on mailservers, so it's likely being run by your ISP on their end.

Contact your ISP and ask them if they can disable spamassassin for your account.

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by EclipseCon 2004 Premiere Conference on Open Tools Development and Integration See the breadth of Eclipse activity. February 3-5 in Anaheim, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn _______________________________________________ Spamassassin-talk mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/spamassassin-talk