On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Jonathan Nichols wrote:

> Did the CAN-SPAM act really take away a citizen's right to sue spammers?
> I'd like to write to this marketing company and have them provide me
> with absolute proof that I signed up for *anything* at all. (they won't
> be able to) I think the whole "Write us to unsubscribe" business is just
> a big sham.

No, the spammers would -love- to hear from you. Then they have verified
proof that that particular e-mail address goes to a human who reads
and thus is valuable fodder for selling on addres lists.

I have a couple of spam-trap addreses that have never been used anywhere
-except- plugged into "unsubscribe" links and messages. It's rather
amusing to see where they end up getting spammed from.

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>