> --On Friday, January 16, 2004 12:13:21 -0600 Carl Chipman
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > For the new people on the list, I was wondering what the following
> > acronyms mean:
> >
> > LART
> Luser Attitiude Readjustment Tool
> Reporting the offending user to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > UBE/UCE
> Unsolicited Bulk Email/Unsolicited Commercial Email
> (SPAM).
>

> > Are the acronoyms in the FAQ?

The defs of these and -many- other arcane net-talk terms and
abbreviations can be found in The Jargon File (proper name please)
(AKA The New Hacker's Dictionary). A work-in-progress for over
15 years with a cast of thousands. ;)

It's available in print and on line in many forms.
Home page: http://www.jargon.org/

Googleable directly with the search modifier of "site:www.catb.org"
EG to search for the def of 'LART' do a google search of:

  LART+site:www.catb.org

It's beginnings are lost in the mists of time (some say at Stanford
SAIL lab, others claim MIT) but for the last 14 years or so it's pretty
much been the project of Eric S. Raymond (a major net persona in his own
right, check out: http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ ).

#include <std_disclaimer.h>