On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Martin Radford wrote:

> At Sat Jan 17 13:53:50 2004, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>
> > The version in my case is 2.60 with a custom ruleset of my own
> > called 20040105_00.  2.60 handles this image-spam.  Here's the
> > header generated from a test of your message and some dummy
> > headers presented to spamssassin:
>
> This isn't a very accurate way of checking, although there's not much
> you can do without the original message.

   It wasn't intended to be absolutely accurate, it was intended
as an example of the way that the newer SpamAssassin revisions
handle image-spam.  Back in my 2.55 days, I hand-coded an eval()
rule to catch the things; 2.60 made that home-brew hack obsolete.

> Presumably missing from your dummy headers - quite likely not missing
> from the spam.

   Correct.  I did not inject a date.

> >         *  1.9 FROM_NO_LOWER 'From' has no lower-case characters
>
> You don't know the original from address, so this may be bogus.

   Correct again.  The "From " I used was "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

> OK, so if you take off your additional 1.0 for that particular rule,
> 1.0 for DATE_MISSING, and 1.9 for FROM_NO_LOWER (since we don't know
> whether or not those two hit on the original message which we haven't
> seen), the 7.5 total comes down to 3.6, which isn't going to get
> tagged as ham by a default SA install.

   Without the full headers from the "real" spam we'll never know; I
just fudged up a tiny set of headers to keep SA from griping mightily
about "bad headers".