At 08:49 AM 1/20/04 -0600, Scott Williams , Area4 wrote:
I just started using the FVGT rules and got this FP.
Do I understand this right, the rule below penalizes (scores high) anyone with a .us domain?

Yes, but it only penalizes them when used in a web-page link. Your From: address, etc won't cause it to trigger.

Bear in mind, not every add-on rule is applicable to everyone (or even anyone at all). The rules are human written, based on human assumptions. The author of FVGT is obviously not heavily involved in local governments and/or schools.

And for a system admin account, that rule seems reasonable.. when is a postmaster ever going to get a legitamate email with a link to a school website? For the home email account of a parent that subscribes to a school newsletter, it's probably not a good idea.

Heck, even some of the official rules have FP cases that need tweaking, and they've generally been subjected to a significantly larger corpus run than most of the exit0.us rules have.