I agree,
        However, I don't see isp's not charging for access to blocked
ports. As is now, my current isp has hardware firewalls built into their
modems (along with dhcp etc.) and you can change the config (via
webbrowser) if you know what you are doing.  I'm saying these kinds of
devices IMHO are preferred to having site wide blockage of traffic.  My
isp requires that you buy their modem, you can't use a 3rd party's
modem. All I am saying, is before we all find ourselves with blocked
ports and having to pay some guy to sit a console and re-enable them,
that there are implementations that are already in effect, and allow the
user to define whether or not they have blocked ports. A large ISP will
charge an outrageous price to unblock ports and monitor traffic.  It is
easiest now, for them to just let it through, even though, in the long
run, would be cheaper for them to stop the zombies.

I have had may discussions with my isp on this matter, and the biggest
reason they say they will not block ports is not they don't care about
their customers being hacked, but the fact that they may face reprisals
for not stopping the illegal sharing of files (we all know the ones) of
their customers computers. So, their defense to not stopping it is we
allow all traffic unobstructed, unbiased and unfiltered.

Thanks,
James