OK list,

please bare with me; this is a two part message since I think the sa list is blocking
my messages due to length reasons :

Hello again,

I would like to thank all those people who rushed to help a hopeless newbie.

However, this hopeless newbie is still gobsmacked :-)

OK, baby steps.

First of all, I don't think I have properly ran spamassassin. Here's the config :

An Athlon 2600XP+ box with 256DDR RAM, an 80Gb Hitachi drive and slackware
linux installed in it. On top of this, the best (to my opinion) MTA around; XMail
v1.17.

On top of XMail, I installed SpamAssassin v2.61 with sa_filter-v1.3.tar.gz. A pre-defined/
pre-manufactured filter (?) that you install on top of SpamAssassin and from (what my
liimited brain capacity can comprehend) which you can avoid the flood of spam.
Now, for the last part, I am not entirely sure; However, according to recent recearch
I've done to all the SA-related web-sites, this is the case.

[continued]

-----
"I merely function as a channel that filters music through
the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis