At 01:05 AM 1/22/2004, Thomas Kinghorn wrote:
I have attached a few mails that are still getting through.

These are scoring extremely low.

The number of mails like these that slip through is on the increase.

Any ideas as to how I can block them?

I am using SA2.62, Exim 4.30 (with the exiscan 4.30 patch), SA-exim 3.1 .

A well trained bayes database goes a VERY long way against these.

If you can afford the network overhead, DNSBLs, DCC and/or razor help a bit against these, and lots of other "unknowns".

Brent's random char ruleset can help, but needs some additional mods to catch the %RND_SYB stuff in the body that you're getting
http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/spamassassin/rnd_uc_char.cf

ie: you could modify his rule to be something like this:

body BODY_RND_GENERATOR /\%RND_(?:LC_CHAR|UC_CHAR|SYB|WORD)/
describe BODY_RND_GENERATOR body contains markups typical of spammer random-word/symbol generators
score BODY_RND_GENERATOR 2.0