On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I want to be able to take an email message that may contain MIME and HTML
> and to strip it down to basically nothing but text. (I know that
> SpamAssassin already does this in large part so that it can analyze the
> message properly.) So I'm not actually using SpamAssassin to detect spam.
> Instead, I just want access to a relatively clean text message to scan for
> another purpose.
>
> Here is what I have tried, without success:
[snip..]
> I just want access to SpamAssassin's email cleaning code that will make it
> easy for me to access the text of any arbitrary email message (e.g., a
> message with MIME parts).

Why not use a tool specifically designed for that purpose? (MIMEDefang).

SA is usually configured to skip messages over a certain size so to
not waste time on large messages (most spam is under 200k bytes in size
and SA processing time goes up rapidly with increasing message size).

In an arbitrary MIME message it is not unusual to find large attachments
(images, video, sounds, etc) which would cause them to bypass SA.
Thus SA may not be the best tool for this job.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>