On 22 Jan 2004 Ross Vandegrift ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>       My boss recently suggessted we try to whitelist all outgoing
> recipients of emails.  This should reduce the number of false positives
> we're seeing - after all, if I send out an email, I almost certainly
> would like to read the response.
>
>       Does anyone have a script/program that does something like this?

The way I do this is by setting up all my mail clients (mulberry,
mozilla, pine) so that the Bcc header is always set to something
like this

 Bcc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Then I have Procmail set up to automatically snarf the addresses
in the To and Cc headers and add them to my greenlist. I talk
about this a bit in my Spam Deflexion Flowchart, which is here

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/spam/#flowchart>

in the section that looks like this:

  Sent to one of my secret magnet-updater addresses
  (possibly via Bcc or "bounce forward")?

                 || yes
                 \/

                magnet-updater program
    (updates blue & green magnets)

                 || yes
                 \/

     magenta (magnet) box

I also talk about this a bit in my Procmail Quick Start in the
section:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#virtualDomain>

when I give an example recipe that starts like this

 :0:
 * ^X-Rcpt-To:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm hoping that this year I'll clean up my scripts and put them
on my web site!

Hope this helps,
Let us know what you decide to do,
Nancy