Actually, we can do better than that.  Check out Jennifer's Backhair set.

http://www.emtinc.net/spamhammers.htm

It'll find invalid HTML tags used to break up words, and give a message points
simply for having them (so your message would have triggered BACKHAIR_22 even
though the word it's breaking apart, "spam" isn't itself caught by any rules).

It's a good set (though there are some problems with uuencoded email).

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Kenneth Andresen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am noticing that the majority of the current spam coming through are
> all html messages with invalid html tags, like "sp<spammerxxxx>am".
> Since it is rendered as html the invalid tag is removed, so we on the
> screen only see "spam".
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to simply make a html rendering tool to filter
> this? a list with all valid html tags, and if not a valid tag, then
> remove the tag and send to spamassassin the text we see on screen?

Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

"I need a new computer."
"There's still life in that one."
"Good point; I need an exterminator, too."