On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 23:26, Dougie Nisbet wrote:
> I've seen a lot of mention of 'network tests' in this list and I'm trying to
> find out a bit more. I have SA 2.61 running under Debian Testing with a
> couple of extra tests (pbw and chickenpox) sitting in /etc/spamassassin.
>
> I'm confused about how I tell whether network tests are being used. I doubt
> they are. I've been grepping the docs and the config files for more info
> without too much success. The config files appear to be in /usr/share/
> spamassassin on my debian install and I don't really want to muck about in
> there as it'll get overwritten on the next update.

You're right, the files in /usr/share/spamassassin are standard rules
and *will* be overridden on the next update.  If you want to override
something, do so in /etc/spamassassin.  The /etc/spamassassin/*.cf files
are read after the /usr/share/spamassassin/*.cf files, so you can adjust
scores, add rules, etc.

> I've got razor and pyzor installed. I've put the following into /etc/
> spamassassing/local.conf - I've run spamassassin manually with -D and I don't
> think the tests are being run.
>

> # Enable or disable network checks
> skip_rbl_checks         0
> use_razor2              1
> use_pyzor               1

All the tests are enabled by default as long as SpamAssassin can find
the razor/pyzor binaries, AFAIK.  So your setup, the way you've
described it, should be working just fine.  To be sure, run spamassassin
-D --lint and the output should tell you exactly what's going on.

- Jon

Administrator, tgpsolutions
http://www.tgpsolutions.com