>I'm all for strong antispam legislation, but I don't think falsifying an
>email address should be a felony by itself.
>
>I'm using a phony address in this msg.  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" is an autoresponder
>that doesn't belong to me.

Why shouldn't it apply to email as it does in other
areas like direct mail, and faxes?

Sending junk mail with falsified information is a violation
of FTC codes, and a class 1 misdemeanor in most states.
Sending junk mail with fraudulent offers, and falsified
contact or identity information is a felony.

I think the same should apply to email.

If you signed up for a dial up account with false contact
information, and used a stolen or falsified charge card,
you'd be in trouble when they tracked you down.

Why should spammers be allowed to do the very same.

I've discovered DOMAIN names that were registered with
false ID and Charge Cards, but are still in operation.
Why can't Network Solutions shut them down?

Questions that need answers.

:-)
Fred


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to