On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 9:19:03 -0400, Kee Hinckley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>A lot snipped<<<<<<<<<<<<
>In other words. HotRate maintains a spamcop account which they use to claim
>that the spammer has been dealt with. That way they can keep themselves from
>being targeted as a known spammer.
>
>I strongly suggest that someone find out what that account is and cancel it.
>
>Full messages with headers available upon request. (And yes, that's my real
>email address, and I'd appreciate it if you'd cc me in any reply--I can't
>stop by here very often.)
Its only if a URL, such as the one you posted earlier is obtained, that
allows one to change status of that particular piece of "spam"
I for instance cannot declare anyone innocent, only an abuse desk can (Even
if I have SpamCop send me a report I do not get that URL) and Hotrate never
got one in the last 7 days (AFAIK) SpamCop keeps statistics, so reports if
any, are going to their upstream. If they are Spamming they risk losing their
web site
If you wish, to easily test SpamCop out yourself, just email (in the case of
Outlook express) by "forwarding as an attachment" spam from a valid email
address to [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the subject place "reply anyway" although
this is not important. This just means if SpamCop cannot figure it out it
will reply anyway to the address given
Petzl
[Nothing official, just another SpamCop user]
These messages are only the opinion of the poster,are no substitute for your own
research
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help