[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This posting made from the web-site.  Please reply via
> email in addition to the group.  Thanks.
> ------------------------------------------------------
> The following is from spam run through SpamCop.  I saw no test for the "steve77 
>@bigfoot.com" address, and it was not among the recipients of the resulting spam 
>reports.
>
> I'm wondering if it is a legitimate address used by the spammer to harvest confirmed 
>active email addresses.
> But s/he has embedded a space in the email address -- perhaps to avoid being 
>detected by anti-spam software, and having complaints sent to "bigfoot.com"?  Can / 
>(should?) the anti-spam software be modified to check for such addresses?  Or would 
>the overhead be excessive?
>
> Spam slice in question:
>
> "If you have received this email by mistake or wish to be removed please send an 
>email to  steve77 @bigfoot.com
> FOR PROPER REMOVAL YOU MUST TYPE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!!"

I think the space between steve77 and @bigfoot.com is the reason it's not being seen 
as an email address.  IIRC spaces are not allowed in email addresses.

hobo

_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to