Wayne Tickner wrote:
> I legally used an opt-in mailing list, and was falsely accused of
> spam.
Where did you get that list? If you bought it, then you definitely
were spamminng. There is no respectable market for such lists, only
spammers use them. You didn't buy the list? You allowed people to
enter their e- mail address at your web page? Did you allow other
people to enter my address? Yes? Then you are spamming.
> After finding out more, I find that this report was automatic.
SpamCop does not automatically send reports. SpamCop only prepares the
reports, but does not actually send them until the spam victim clicks
on a button.
> I have all the documents to proof that each and every person on that
> list signed up, their IP details, everything needed.
You need to proof that the person who enters an e-mail address really
owns that e-mail address. I don't see how an IP address provides
evidence for this. The simple question is: Did you use a confirmed opt-
in procedure (a.k.a. double opt-in) or did you send your mass mailings
to people who did not confirm that they really were the ones who
performed the subscription?
Your choice of words makes me think that you did not wait until you
got the confirmation.
Gerd
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help