I circumvented the whole "advanced headers/view source" routine by reading
my hotmail via Outlook Express and processing the spam via "message/forward
as attachment".
Yes you have to have headers set to advanced in order to see the link for
view source - then you copy the whole window and paste into the report box
and submit it. This usually works fine but I use the above method,
especially when there are several spams to submit at one time.
A SpamCop user and forum reader,
Not Admin
"hobo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> [Posted and emailed]
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > This posting made from the web-site. Please reply via
> > email in addition to the group. Thanks.
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > Thank you Don and Robi,
> >
> > I *have* noticed (now that you point it out) that when Hotmail sends an
official e-mail, the header looks a lot like the one in the spam. I sent a
complaint to MSN and they say I need a full header and to set my preference
to "Full". I just replied that my setting was on "Advanced".(waiting for
return)
> >
> > So now my question to the Group "Hotmail" users is: Does the "Advanced"
header setting give everything (and more) that the "Full" setting gives or
should I change settings when I make a complaint outside of SC ?
> >
> > Thanks for any input,
> > George
> >
> > [snip]
>
> I've noticed recently that the headers that appear in
> a message being forwarded from HotMail are sometimes
> a bit different than the headers I see when I click on the
> "View E-mail Message Source" link. I guess it's possible
> that Advanced and Full options present different headers
> in the quoted portion. Perhaps something important is
> truncated from the headers unless the Full option is
> selected.
>
> Since the Advanced setting is needed in order to see the
> 'View E-mail Message Source' link, you might try copying the
> headers from the source page and pasting them over the
> headers in the message to be forwarded.
>
> At best it will remove the quote character ' > ' which
> *could* throw someone for a loop and it's probably easier
> than navigating to the Options page and changing your selection.
> I know it's extra work, but unless you have several to forward
> it's probably easier than changing the option several times a session.
>
> BTW, HotMail uses a *different* icon to indicate an
> email is from them (double green arrow, IIRC).
> Normal unread emails have a single red arrow.
>
> hobo
>
> --
> just a user, not an admin.
>
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help