RW wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I thought this one mentioned the limitations to SC's usenet reporting,
> but it only gives suggestions on when and how to report usenet spam.
>
> Basically, SC doesn't parse the body of the message and it only picks up
> an originator lart if the NNPT posting host line is present in the
> header.
>
> Usenet headers are too easy to forge and need manual comparison work to
> see if the Path: line is correct, something beyond SC's abilities today.
>
> Richard

Actually, for at least several days this past week SpamCop WAS finding
URL's and email addy's in the body of Usenet spam.  Unfortunately it
quit doing this on Friday (maybe Thursday ??).

I was kinda hoping the 'feature' would stay around as it made things a
bit easier.  I know it's not too difficult to put the URL's and email addy's
in the parse box to get the info but it is a little time consuming.

hobo


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to