Kvan wrote:

>Oh, it does correctly identify the source of spam--it's just
>that I really don't think my email provider deserves to be
>reported to ORBS for forwarding my email, and so uncheck that
>part of the report manually. Not that I think they're an open
>relay, but just in case. I disagree with ORBS' policies, and so
>generally don't report even known open relays to them unless
>absolutely necessary. 

Ahhh...you're talking about *ORBS* reporting.  That's totally
different from the problem Argyle was addressing (and probably
what I would have addressed too) - your original message read
like your ISP was being reported as the *source*, not an open
relay.  :) 

Argyle...anything that can be done about this?  FWIW, Kvan, it 
doesn't hurt at all to submit something to ORBS as long as it's 
not an open relay.  *shrugs*  But I do understand your 
disagreement with their policies.  Hmm...that just made me think 
of a potential option... "Automatically report relays to ORBS?"  
If the user selected "no", then the ORBS checkbox could be 
presented unchecked.  Sounds good, anyway.  :)

-- 
SpamCop user, not the admin.  Ideas expressed are my own.
Please reply to group unless you have a specific issue with
me.  Spam will be promptly and happily thwhacked with my
very largest mallet...
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to