Hi,

I've been using spamdyke for about 2 weeks now, and I'm quite satisfied
with the results. Thanks for this great tool.

As the subject states, I'm running a Plesk 8.1 based system. Today I
upgraded from the 2.6.3 version, to the 3.1.0.

The good news is: I got everything working so far.

But what made me curious are two things:

With the old 2.6.3 I could use the --smtp-auth-command option, with the
new 3.1.0 this does not work anymore. "Not working anymore" in this case
means, that I have to remove this option or my client gets an error
message. In the logs it looks like authentication is tried twice. Really
weired, but since Plesk delivers a SMTP_AUTH capable server, this is no
problem - at least my relaying tests all failed when not authenticated.
So I think I'm still good.

During the trial and error phase of this, I ran the --config-test option
of spamdyke. Although smtp authentication works, the config-test gives
me this warning:

WARNING: /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd does not appear to offer SMTP AUTH
support. Please use the "smtp-auth-command" flag or the
"smtp-auth-command-encryption" flag as well as the "access-file" and
"local-domains-file" flags so spamdyke will be able to authenticate
users and correctly allow them to relay.

Now I'm wondering why this warning occurs at all. Is it a
misconfiguration on my part, or just the config-test failing to detect
the SMTP AUTH capabilities of my qmail_smtpd?

bye, Michael

P.S.: Although offtopic: Can anybody point me to a place where the
commandline of qmail_smtpd is explained? Basically I would like to know,
why /var/qmail/bin/true has to be in the commandline twice, or even
better, what qmail_smtpd in general does with it's parameters? Thanks.

------------- my spamdyke.conf ------------
log-level=2
local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
max-recipients=5
idle-timeout-secs=60
graylist-dir=/var/qmail/gray
graylist-min-secs=300
graylist-max-secs=1814400
reject-empty-rdns
reject-unresolvable-rdns
reject-ip-in-cc-rdns
greeting-delay-secs=5
check-dnsrbl=zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net
check-dnsrbl=dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
check-dnsrbl=bogons.cymru.com
#smtp-auth-command=/var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true
/var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
reject-missing-sender-mx
hostname=v31616.vierfpeile.de
tls-certificate-file=/var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
---------------end my spamdyke.conf------------

------------ my xinetd.d config for smtp_psa ---------
        server          = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
        server_args     = -Rt0 /usr/local/bin/spamdyke -f
/etc/spamdyke.conf /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd