The last timeout bug (that I know of) was fixed in 3.1.8. I haven't
received any reports of timeout problems in 4.0 (yet). If you can
trigger this problem with 4.0, please try to capture a full log and
let's arrange some way to get it to me (my server won't accept 50 MB
emails, sorry).

-- Sam Clippinger