It's possible you're triggering the same bug that Youri Kravatsky
reported earlier today -- spamdyke is not correctly advertising
authentication protocols when "smtp-auth-level" is set to "always".
Some mail clients are becoming confused and disconnecting.

Of course, it's always possible you've found something else. :)  If you
could capture this behavior in a full log (with "full-log-dir"), I'd
love to take a look at it.

-- Sam Clippinger