Maybe it's just the particular order spamdyke is running the filters?
I would try to set the blacklist-ip by IP-Range, if it catches before the Greylist.

Look at the FAQ wich says the following:

   Does spamdyke run its filters in any particular order?

Yes. spamdyke evaluates its filters in the following order (of course a filter is skipped if it's disabled):

Check if mail is being accepted or filtered at all Check for an rDNS name Check for an IP address in a country code rDNS name Check for an rDNS whitelist entry Check for an rDNS blacklist entry Check for an IP whitelist entry Check for an IP blacklist entry *Check for an IP address and keyword in the rDNS name* Check if the rDNS name resolves Check DNS whitelists Check right-hand-side whitelists Check DNS RBLs Check right-hand-side blacklists Check for earlytalkers The intent is to order the filters from least-to-most expensive, so connections will be rejected as quickly as possible. In a typical setup, DNS queries are more expensive than file searches, pattern matching is more expensive than simply checking for a file's existence, etc.

The remaining filters are all checked during the SMTP conversation.

Limit the number of recipients Block unqualified recipient addresses Block relaying from unauthorized remote hosts Check for sender's domain MX record *Graylisting* Check sender whitelists Check sender blacklists Check right-hand-side whitelists for the sender's domain name Check right-hand-side blacklists for the sender's domain name Check recipient whitelists Check recipient blacklists

Erald Troja schrieb:
Davide,

no go.

Other host names containing 'cable' keyword such as
77-96-122-40.cable.ubr02.nmal.blueyonder.co.uk are properly
being rejected with the right error message.

Erald Troja

Davide D'Amico wrote:
Please try with:
*.cable.*