BC wrote:
> Hi Sam -
>
> That is a pretty good synopsis of what he is doing.  Doesn't he claim to
> find *any* sought after data in no more than 7 seeks?  Maybe I misread
> that somewhere.  :)
>
> My take on the below would be that if spamdyke remains a qmail-only spam
> blocker, then going with a cdb-based database would be okay (with the
> provisos you point out.)  But if spamdyke is ultimately going to go
> mainstream (work for most any MTA), then I'd say pick the database you
> like the best.

I'm thinking that no database might just be the best for this particular
application (spamdyke).

I don't know where people get the idea that databases provide better
performance than a native filesystem. The database is implemented on top
of a native filesystem after all. ;)

If someone is really interested in speed, why not simply put spamdyke's
config file(s) on a ram drive?

--
-Eric 'shubes'