On 10/31/2010 08:44 AM, Angus McIntyre wrote:
> nightduke wrote:
>> I'm tired of spam, i want to use spamdyke with dspam or mailscanner.
>> I don't want to receive virus, i want to block spam with spamdyke but
>> also i want to have more features like dspam or mailscanner have,
>> after the mail server is a lotus domino server.
>> What's your opinion about my idea?
>
> Most anti-spam solutions involve several levels. No one tool will give you
> everything you need.
>
> For instance, I use Spamdyke, SpamAssassin, ClamAV and some custom
> scanning tools.
>
> If you're looking at Spamdyke, presumably you're running qmail as your
> mail transport agent (because Spamdyke is a plugin for qmail). There are
> several guides that will tell you how to integrate anti-spam and
> anti-virus tools with qmail. I've found that one of the simplest is
> Qmailrocks (http://qmailrocks.org/). Not everyone likes Qmailrocks:
> purists will tell you that not all the advice given is good and the guide
> hasn't been updated in a while. On the other hand, it is easy to follow
> and, in my experience at least, gives good results. I can also confirm
> that adding Spamdyke to a Qmailrocks installation is easy (thanks to Sam's
> clearly-written instructions).
>
> An alternative is Qmailtoaster (http://www.qmailtoaster.com/).
>
> Angus

Good advice, Angus.

Hey nightduke, I thought you had a qmailtoaster going. That's really the
simplest route to go IMO, and I doubt that (along with spamdyke) you'll
find anything more effective when it comes to fighting spam. I expect
that version 2 of QMT will be even better, as it will be yum/rpm based
for all package management, instead of having to build qmail (et al)
from source, and spamdyke will be included in the 'stock' configuration.

Installing spamdyke on QMT is as simple as running the
qtp-install-spamdyke script.

I don't think you'll find dspam or mailscanner to be significantly more
effective than spamassassin, in conjunction with spamdyke. If I had to
choose only one piece of software for fighting spam, it'd be spamdyke
hands down.

FWIW.

--
-Eric 'shubes'