HI Sam,

As I told you I never thought about unsetting anything, only about
setting something just the same way as you set RC now...

I haven't checked the code but the crucial question is (and you can
probably answer instantly):

Do you set RC, start qmail-smtpd and then filter or block

  or

Do you filter/block, set RC and then start qmail-smtpd?

If it's the first one, then env vars are indeed no solution to this
problem. If the later, it works.

Regards
Bgs