I can't believe I sent the last message w/o a subject.  Here it is again so
the thread can be followed.

Hey Sam. I'm experiencing something weird, and am hoping you can straighten
me out.  :-)

Running QmailToaster, which uses SimScan to scan mail, SpamAssassin is not
being invoked.

Through trial and error, we've narrowed it down to the
"access-file=/var/qmail/control/relay" call in my spamdyke.conf file.  If I
comment this line out, SpamAssassin is called, mail is scored, and all works
as expected.  We are guessing that SpamDyke is passing the "RELAYCLIENT"
value back, causing simscan to not send to spamassassin.

So, thinking that something was wrong in my "relay" file, I started looking
there.   Initially, I had simply IP addresses listed of hosts I needed to
allow to relay.  Example:

192.168.100.

69.224.221.10

Eric Shubert pointed out that the docs show a different syntax.  Not sure
where I got just using the IP's from.Anyway, I updated the file to:

192.168.100.:allow

69.224.211.10:allow

But still, SpamAssassin wasn't being called.  So, I commented out the lines
in the "relay" file using "#" (Obviously w/o the quotes).  Still no
invocation of SpamAssassin.

So, I'm wondering if I'm still using the wrong syntax in that file?  Does
commenting out everything in that file, essentially making it empty, cause
prolems?  (Calling an empty file)   Does simply utilizing the "access-file"
option do something to set the RELAYCLIENT variable?  Am I missing something
else?

Here's my spamdyke.conf:

log-level=info

access-file=/var/qmail/control/relay

local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

max-recipients=20

idle-timeout-secs=180

greeting-delay-secs=0

graylist-level=always

graylist-dir=/var/spamdyke/graylist

graylist-min-secs=300

graylist-max-secs=1814400

#policy-url=http://www.norcalisp.com/nospam?reason=

sender-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_senders

sender-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_senders

ip-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_ip

rdns-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_rdns

reject-missing-sender-mx

reject-ip-in-cc-rdns

ip-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_ip

recipient-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_recipients

#ip-in-rdns-keyword-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_keywords

#rdns-blacklist-dir=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_rdns.d

reject-empty-rdns

#reject-unresolvable-rdns

dns-blacklist-entry=zen.spamhaus.org

dns-blacklist-entry=b.barracudacentral.org

dns-blacklist-entry=cbl.abuseat.org

dns-blacklist-entry=list.dsbl.org

dns-blacklist-entry=bl.spamcop.net

dns-blacklist-entry=bogons.cymru.com

#

tls-certificate-file=/var/qmail/control/servercert.pem

tls-level=smtp

All of the "whitelist_" files are empty, and, as I said initially, remarking
out the "access-file" line causes SpamAssassin to be invoked.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Michael J. Colvin

NorCal Internet Services