Is there some reason you would want the secondary MX server not to be
running at certain times? Seems simpler to me to just let them both
process mail all the time. The secondary would simply queue up messages
for the primary until the primary is available.

Of course, you do want spamdyke (and clamav and spamassassin) installed
on the secondary server as well. Spammers are well aware that some
secondary mail servers to not have anti-spam measures implemented, and
intentionally target these hosts.

-Eric 'shubes'