Sam Clippinger wrote:
> Very strange.  Is it possible you're using spamdyke on multiple ports
> (e.g. 25 and 587) with different configuration files?

I do use multiple ports, but qmail on 587 isn't invoking spamdyke at all
(because users have to authenticate to connect to 587).

The log messages I posted show that spamdyke was handling that connection,
so it must have come in on 25.

> If not, it kinda sounds like a whitelist is being hit.  There are two
> things you can do to find out for sure.  First, try increasing your
> "log-level" option to "verbose".

I've done that. I'll let you know if it reveals anything interesting.

I only have one whitelist (sender-whitelist) with a single entry, so I
don't think these messages are getting whitelisted.

I actually managed to get spamdyke to reject something by virtue of being
IP-blacklisted. I added the IP of another server that I own to my
blacklist file, and did a manual SMTP session from that server. I got a
message:

   250 Refused. Your IP address is blacklisted.

and the log showed:

   Jan 12 20:58:19 s1 spamdyke[2101]: FILTER_BLACKLIST_IP ip: x.x.x.x
file: /home/vpopmail/spamdyke/ip-blacklist(42)

which is encouraging but baffling. I couldn't find any other instances of
FILTER_BLACKLIST_IP anywhere in recent maillogs.

Very odd. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of this
eventually, but it's puzzling.

Angus