On 05/23/2013 03:35 PM, Lutz Petersen wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Which in some extreme cases where session had 9000 recipients led to multi
>> GB log file.
>
> Imho you should configure your Spamdyke not to accept such nonsense. There is
> absolute
> no reason to accept more than a dozen recipients. Use e.g. this in your
> spamdyke.conf:
>
> max-recipients=15
>
> And you'll get off those defect hosts..
>

> Lutz Petersen

I agree Lutz, and use this setting myself. I think that Teodor is
referring to something different though.

While qmail sends only one message per smtp session, the smtp spec
allows for multiple messages to be sent in a single smtp session,
however rare that might be. I expect this is what Teodor's seeing.

The spamdyke docs say that max-recipients is applied to the connection,
not each message, so use of this option would certainly help (more so
than if it was applied to each message as I believe chkuser does). Sam,
will you please confirm that this is per connection and not per message?

It appears to me that spamdyke has a bug in how it's logging this type
of session. I'm interested to see what Sam finds with this.

--
-Eric 'shubes'