On 09/06/2013 08:42 PM, Nicholas Chua wrote:
> <snip>
>  > All filters are disabled for authenticated users. Make sure their
>  > clients are authenticating when sending.
>  >

> Thanks Eric for your reply.
>
> In the first place, i did not enable this filter.

Sorry I missed that bit. It really doesn't matter which filter might be
blocking though. If they authenticate successfully, no filters are
applied, and they should be able to send. This is by design.

> Secondly i am sure they are authenticated because they had tried to
> reply to downloaded emails.

Authentication for retrieving emails (pop3, imap) is separate from
authentication for sending. Even when their client is able to retrieve
emails successfully, the client may not be configured to authenticate
when sending. Note, "POP before SMTP" authentication will probably not
work by default. See http://www.qmailrocks.org/smtpauth.htm

> I even encountered spamdyke blocked user from setting up his email account.

We would need to see more details regarding this in order to determine
what happened, such as which client app they were trying to set up, and
spamdyke log message(s) which corresponds to the event. Spamdyke always
logs every connection.

> I have no control of the ISP they use. They are using their personal
> mobile with comes with data usage

I understand this, and spamdyke works well in these situations.

If you were to post your spamdyke configuration file perhaps we could be
more helpful. I still believe the problem most likely is the client
isn't configured to authenticate properly.

--
-Eric 'shubes'