That should no doubt work, but it doesn't appear to be ideal for current
use. While I think BC is referring to signed certs, what we're referring
to here is the key exchange portion of the ciphers used with SSL. My
(somewhat limited) understanding is that they use related technology,
but their application here is different.

Sam's implementation of tls-dhparams-file appears appropriate for this
day and age. It's up to the admin to generate this file with whatever
key length is deemed appropriate for the application. The former various
key lengths are a relic left over from when export rules were
restrictive according to key lengths.

My only concern with using 2048 bit dh params is something I saw warning
that some servers might not be able to handle keys that big. I doubt
that's any longer the case.

I just changed my dh1024.pem file to contain 2048 key length dh params.
We'll see what happens.

Thanks.

--
-Eric 'shubes'