On 7/11/05, Baurzhan Ismagulov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 07:45:38PM +0200, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> > You've been right. Only that I had to install Solaris just to get an UFS
> > filesystem where I could boot that file from. I just didn't found any
> > Linux UFS tools and thought that would be the quickest way of doing it -
> > I think that was my first and last Solaris install.....
>
> One can boot cdrom -s and use mkfs to create the filesystem and copy the
> file, without installing Solaris.

would you pls elaborate a little on that? I would greatly appreciate
something like a HOWTO-Upgrade-Sun-SPARC-PROM :) that is, with a linux
system, not a solaris one... but I am not saying I expect that from
you, rather that if you could document your experience, eventually
someone may pick it up and put a link to it from the
http://auroralinux.org web page maybe... that'd be nice to have

--
Cheers,

/ChJ