Good Morning,

I threw a little printk patch at Jason and we determined that to be correct. In do_netfilter_replace(), on about line 2924, the call
       krepl = (struct ipt_replace *)kmalloc(kreplsize, GFP_KERNEL);
results in krepl being NULL after a pile of rules have been added.

I compiled a statically linked iptables binary and Jason was able to add over 7k rules before he stopped it, the 32 bit iptables bombs before 900 rules.

As far as changing this behaviour, I plead ignorance.

Thanks,

Josh

Jason Wever wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:20:34 -0700 (PDT)