On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 18:39:03 -0800 (PST) Christoph Lameter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 1. Add comments explaining how the function can be called.
>
> 2. Avoid interrupt enable / disable through the use of xchg.
>
> 3. Collect global diffs in a local array and only spill
>    them once into the global counters when the zone scan
>    is finished. This means that we only touch each global
>    counter once instead of each time we fold cpu counters
>    into zone counters.

: undefined reference to `__xchg_called_with_bad_pointer'

This is sparc64's way of telling you that you can'd do xchg on an s8.

Dave, is that fixable?

I assume not, in which case we either go for some open-coded implementation
for 8- and 16-bits or we should ban (at compile time) 8- and 16-bit xchg on
all architectures.

-