HI Pete,

Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> I made an unpleasant discovery: OBP 3.11 on MrCoffee is an
> IEEE 1275 implementation with no romvec. Cool huh?
> So here we have a low volume platform (10,000 units
> at best), with video distortions on scrolling, slow
> as hell, no disk of any sort - a completely worthless box.
> Is it worth to make the kernel to haul a 1275 support
> only for the sake of MrCoffee?

Have you had any problem with it ? JE1's OBP (3.12) conforms to 1275
too, but understands almost all S/Linux wants to tell (except special
names for keyboard and mouse and different time and interrupt controller
as well). Perhaps, JE1 has a romvec in OBP.

I may suggest to implement some kind an emulation for data S/Linux
wants. MrCoffee is a very static box, i.e. you know exactly what it has
inside and it's a big deal to plug something other in it. Implement 1275
is too hard in my opinion. I remember tons of asm in sparc64 branch, so
you can't have a reasonable level of compatibility. I thought about it
when imeplemented JE1 things and considered full 1275 implementation.

Just my 2 kopecks.

Regards,
Gleb.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to