If you refer to my rescue boot/root set, you might remember
that they try to autodetect a serial console.
It looks that the kernel boots OK, but your output stops
when it tries to start init. The standard kernel just writes
to /dev/console, and forks init with it's I/O to /dev/console.

What type of console are you using? Serial or Graphic screen?
Please check the /dev/console entry on your root FS on /dev/sda1.

It should point to /dev/tty1 for keyboard / screen console,
and to /dev/cua0 (/dev/ttyS0) for a serial console.

Good luck

Jason Hill wrote:
> 
> I'm hoping for a little help with installing 2.0.35 on
> a SPARC(less) 2.  I can use the boot/root rescue disks
> to boot and setup my partitions.  I have root sitting
> on /dev/sda1.  When I try to boot w/out the disks or
> appending root=/dev/sda1 to my boot disk it stops at
> mounting the partition at:
> 
>         Freeing unused kernel memory: 40k code 4k data
> 
> which appears just after the VFS: mouting root message.
> The machine doesn't lock up but it doesn't proceed past
> this point.
> 
> I've tried the 2.0 kernel from the boot disk and a
> working kernel from another S/Linux SPARC to no avail.
> 
> Any suggestions?
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
> the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- 
Karel van Houten
----------------------------------------------------------
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better."
I can't understand why it won't work on my Linux computer.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to