> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stuart Fox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 3:13 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: fdisk woes
> 
> Hi
> 
> Im trying to install rh6.2 on a ss20
> When it gets to the partitioning bit I
> ran into a brick wall.
> 
> After I make the changes and do a w to
> quit and write to thie disk i get the following error
> on vc4
> <4>SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 1 id 3 lun 9 return code = 2000000
> <4>[valid=0] Info fld=0x0, Current sd08:00: sense key DATA Protect
> <4>Additional sence indicates Write Protect
> <4>scsidisk O/I Error: dev 08:00, sector 0
> <4>SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 4194995
> <4> sda: sda3 sda4 sda5
> <4>SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 4194995
> <4> sda: sda3 sda4 sda5
> 
> Im starting to pull my hair out here
> I dont have access to solaris, only linux

Weird.  Looks to me like it things that you drive is write-protected.  I've
never seen that option in the PROM on an SS20, only once or twice on a
PeeCee.  Never seen a jumper on a drive to do that.  Can you post the output
of ok probe-scsi (or ok probe-scsi-all, as appropraite), and perhaps swap to
a console and post the output of 'fdisk -l /scsidrive'.  I don't remember
exactly where the device entries are on the installer for RH, but you can
find them if you poke around enough.  
        Greg
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to