Humble apologies for the recent rash of bounces to the list emanating from yrs
trly. I have identified and corrected the problem.

FYI, XFMail users. I was caught out by what I think is an XFMail bug. Or at
least a feature. A few weeks ago I wrote an XFMail rules to procmail converter,
a small Perl hack. As part of testing this, I set up a rule to resend messages
with 'test' in the subject to root. It would appear that when XFMail does a
resend, it sends the message not only to the nominated user but also to any
user on the message Cc: list. I have just confirmed this behaviour locally. The
bounce messages I have to hand were all Cc: to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
had 'test' in the subject...

As penance, I will raise this on the XFMail mailing list and endeavour to
provide a patch. 
-- 
Jim Hague - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Work), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Play)
Sending >500KB attachments is forbidden by the Geneva Convention.    
Your country may be at risk if you fail to comply.       [www.ntk.net]
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe sparclinux" in
the body of the message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to