I apologize to all who should not care about these esoteric Sequest
details ...

I guess the important point of note is that the previous code did not
calculate deltaCn value for the 2nd hit nor is there any placeholder to
  report that value anywhere in the pepXML.  (We can calculate it and
add in another attribute if it's important.)  There's only 1 deltaCn
value that is between top hit and first non-homologous hit, whether
that's x2 or xN.   There's also a deltacnstar attribute with valid
values of 0/1 (true/false) to indicate if the deltacn value is between
top 2 hits or between top hit and something lower down in the list.
Hope that clarifies things.