Look up accurate mass and time tags, peptide mass fingerprinting, and
maybe even a general proteomics data analysis review such as doi:
10.1038/nrm1468

I hope you don't take this too negatively but the scope of what one
might consider ms1 data is too general (a peptide mass fingerprint
spectra, and entire LC/MS run, etc.) and the questions you're asking
implies that you need more education on the topic before even
considering doing data analysis.