Here are the output columns.  I just updated the source files in to
have the usage statement print these out for digestdb and make it
clearer for pep_dbcount.

digestdb output columns:
- peptide length
- protein reference
- peptide mass
- previous amino acid before peptide
- peptide sequence
- next amino acid after peptide
- peptide start location
- peptide end location
- pI

pep_dbcount output columns:
- peptide
- # proteins peptide appears in
- mass
- comma separated protein list

In order to use pep_dbcount in its intended application, you need to
feed it a peptide sorted output from digestdb.  Something like
   digestdb somefile.fasta | sort -k 5,5 > digest.output
   pep_dbcount digest_output