It's not an error but rather a warning.  The warning by itself doesn't
indicate a critical problem (although I suspect you might have other
problems).  Take a look at your pep.xml file and see if it looks like
it has reasonable content in it.

Some things to note:
- your tandem input file should be the Tandem search results xml and
not be an .mzXML file (which is the raw mass spec data)
- use .pep.xml as the extension to the created pepXML file to stick
with the conventions that the TPP tools expect
- ideally your Tandem search used the mzXML file as input otherwise
you might have compatibility issues with tools in the TPP which expect
inputs to follow certain conventions
- ignore last two bullet points if you're not using rest of TPP tools