The decoys are just reversed sequences. I am performing non-specific
digestion search, so the chance that spectrum get high-scoring decoy hit is
much higher than tryptic peptide search.

I tried the approach I mentioned by doing two searches, one was searching
against only foward-sequence, and then other searching against
reversed-sequences (Comet search engine). Then in xinteract I specified two
input pep.xml files and use -D option to link to the combined FASTA file.
But the program stopped and gave error message "NAN probability density
detected". Any suggestions?

xinteract output:
Found 4823 Decoys, and 4820 Non-Decoys
Initialising statistical models ...
Iterations: ...ERROR: NAN probability density detected.

Thanks,
Chih-Chiang