Hi, I don’t think that will get you anything useful, although you could try
it to see if you get anything that way. All you want is a single
modification on n-term and K as in the other thread.

I’m guessing what happens is that the reporter ions like to hold the charge
and most peptides will still fragment somewhere along the backbone. So.. if
the reporter ion stays attached, then you see the mass of both the reporter
and balance group plus residues until the break. But, if the reporter ions
breaks off, then the charge stays on the reporter ion and you see it, while
the molecule with the residues plus the balance group has no charge and so
you don’t see it. So the molecules you’re thinking of are there, but they
rarely carry a charge so you don’t see them. That’s my guess. If anyone who
really knows can set us straight, that would be great.

Regards,

Eric